Saturday 28 March 2009

Stop Making Sense

“Stop Making Sense/Talking Heads” It’s a great dvd. I love watching the band’s interactions and this breach of copyright will probably mean that the video will not last long here. Such is life. If you dance as badly as I do then get the grey suit out, pad up the shoulders and dance along like the chicken-legged performer par-excellence that is David Byrne.

Filmed more than 25 years ago, I can still find motivation in it. Isn’t that one of the wonders of art? Whatever the medium is, each individual can take away different things from it. And have a good, fun time too.

‘nuff said: press play and join the grey side …

Shopping link. Wikipedia.

1 comments:

Chris [HikeWales] said...

One of my favourite bands, favourite performer and certainly my favourite music DVD. 25 years old? That scared me!
My young boys love this DVD - especially the track where he runs around the stage - they mimic around the dining table!
Even the TomTom club tracks have stood the test.
Chris