Wednesday 29 July 2009

Yahoo! Customer Care Team - missive 5

Hello Duncan,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.
 
I am sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced. We have checked our servers and our mail systems appear to be working at the moment. The issue may have been transient or network-related.
 
Please have the mail system administrator or postmaster of pipex.com contact us directly via the Yahoo! Mail Help page below in order to investigate the issue in further details.
 
 http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-03.html
 
We apologize for the inconvenience.
 
You may contact the Postmaster of the domain related to the issue at the email address below:
 
postmaster@domain.com
 
You may replace "domain.com" with the extension of the domain in question.

Your patience during this process is greatly appreciated.
 
Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail. Your case number for this issue is xxxxx. Please reference it in all future communication about this particular issue.

Regards,
 
Hank
Yahoo! Customer Care

=========================

To which I replied…

=========================

Hank - this is a duplicate of the email that you have sent me yesterday. I posted my reply online, since I cannot be bothered duplicating my response:

http://aktoman.blogspot.com/2009/07/yahoo-customer-care-team-missive-3.html
and then on Wednesday when your system still refuses to allow me to email from my Pipex account to any Yahoo.com or Yahoo.co.uk

http://aktoman.blogspot.com/2009/07/yahoo-customer-care-team-missive-4.html

As stated, I will be contacting the UK's Ombudsman about this on Thursday as you have had 6 days to sort this, and you now just cannot be bothered. I just checked by sending trying to send an email to my Yahoo account, and you are still blocking it because of your policy.

Duncan

8 comments:

AktoMan said...

By coincidence, in today's news ...

"Microsoft and Yahoo seal web deal"

Hendrik M said...

Never got Yahoo. Shame that they own Flickr, that seems to be a good website/ service. Buct I couldn't be bothered as you need to have a Yahoo account to sign up.

Hope things work out for you in the end.

AktoMan said...

Thanks, Hendrik. My ISP engineers (hello, Wendy), are on the case.

I got into Yahoo at Uni as it was better than the spam-filled Hotmail. I use it for my long-term stuff, eg subscriptions, as I changed ISPs a few times.

Ooh, sun's appearing through the clouds to the west. Where's the lotion I optimistically brought with me ;-)

Gordy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AktoMan said...

Gordy said (edited for swearing):

I feel your pain here but bear in mind that they can't filter spam effectively without blocking or greylisting mail from other mailservers and domains sometimes.

Pipex might not be whiter than white. I've blocked 'innocents' before because their ISP was ********* enough to be running an open relay without realising it. Of course, it's also entirely possible that they're not at fault at all.

What's certain is that they'll both blame the other party and you'll never really get to the bottom of it. :O)

AktoMan said...

Agreed, Gordy. But the filters are still Yahoo's, and they are now on auto-pilot, refusing to do anything about it.

In the meantime, I'm on Pipex's engineer's to-do list.

In the meantime, I still can't email anyone on Yahoo.com or Yahoo.co.uk, and Yahoo don't give a yahoot.

In the meantime, I'm trying to stop getting beaten at Wii bowling by my young niece ... which is much more important than haggling with online 'services'.

Gordy said...

A no swearing policy, eh. When did that appear?

If I'd known, I'd have typed wuckfitted or ********** instead to save you the bother of editing it. ;O)

AktoMan said...

:)
No-one swears on here. It's why I never get comments left by the shadow prime minister ;-)

Back online to shop for more Wii games for the visitors.