Wednesday 11 October 2006

Couch 8: 2 More Sleeps

Picked up some advice from a couple of people at work, and another charity donation. I'll add them manually to "just giving" after the work.

Caught the Calum Kennedy bio on BBC2, and added some Gaelic albums to my mp3 player for the walk. He was from Orinsay in Pairc, a few villages away from my Dad's village.

I use a program called MusicConvertor to drop the quality and file size.  Allows me to select which quality I want so I'm not wasting space on the mp3 player.  If I'm just going to be listening to the track via cheap earphones, why do I need to take a large file of high quality?

Enabled me to cut two Isles FM albums down to 40MB. For some reasons I'm minded of the Gregor Fisher line from Naked Radio/Naked Video: "Hullo, hullo, this is the Outer Hebrides calling civilisashun".

I've noticed that whenever the weather changes over the last few days, I've been thinking "how will I deal with this on the trek?" It was fairly chucking it down tonight as I walked back from a late shift, with umbrella blowing inside out and back again as a vortex was created near a building edge. I'll cope quite well, as I have good gear, and unless I allow myself to get miserable, it doesn't matter if it's chucking it down, I can still have a good time.

I'll requote the Billy Connolly line here in case someone hasn't heard it: ""There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing".

0 comments: