Sunday 17 August 2008

Trench model continues

Having added filler to the polystyrene blocks, it was then a case of spraying with car paint (filer primer first, then Rover russet brown) to get the basic brown appearance. I'll apply a wash and drybrush later. The aim is to match the same muddy brown of the figures' bases.

25/28mm Trenches (stage 3 n 4)

I decided to use matchstick for the duck-boards instead of coffee-stirrers as the latter looked too wide at this scale.

25/28mm Trenches (stage 3 n 4)

A flesh wash over the matchsticks stains them, and raises the figures up, doubling as a fire step. Still a lot of work to do to make them look more realistic.

Figures, 25mm Wargames Foundry WW1 French.

2 comments:

baz carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AktoMan said...

Aye, Baz. I have figures from about 9 years ago that are still useable. I wonder how many people still play computer games that they've had that long (though I'm still playing Civ2 after 10 years).

As to buildings - I'm hopeless at making them, buying from Scheltrum or Hovels. I find painting relaxing, but am now painting 25mm at the same level of detail I used to paint 15mm.